Probiotics + Protein
Three segments are greatly benefiting from the growing probiotic market.
- Numbering roughly 77 million, Millennials make up about one-fourth of the US population, according to Nielsen. These Americans consists of individuals born between 1985 to 2000.
- America’s senior population is growing faster than at any other time in history. So fast in fact that the nation’s 65-and-older population is projected to reach 83.7 million in the year 2050, almost double in size from the 2012 level of 43.1 million, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Sports nutrition is no longer relegated to bodybuilders and professional athletes. The sports and fitness nutrition market can no longer be considered niche. Expected to reach a whopping $67 billion by 2017, this category is evolving at a breakneck clip.
One ingredient that offers a turnkey solution to formulating such products is the probiotic, GanedenBC30. The global probiotics market is expected to climb over the next five years to reach $36.7 billion in 2018, according to BCC Research. And as the market and education on probiotics increases, consumer awareness continues to grow; currently about 80% of consumers know what probiotics are and associate them with a health benefit. The most attractive opportunities and rampant growth areas of this burgeoning market lie in the food and beverage products sector. Now, innovations in temperature-stable strains mean that probiotics are no longer relegated to the dairy case and supplements aisle.
Go With GanedenBC30
GanedenBC30 is a probiotic that can withstand the extreme manufacturing processes necessary for many foods and beverages – a real game changer for the category! How can a probiotic survive manufacturing you ask? GanedenBC30’s unique structure safeguards the cell’s genetic material from the extreme temperature and pressures involved in the manufacturing process, along with the challenges it’s exposed to during digestive transit. It is a Gram-positive spore-forming bacterium that, once germinated, produces L+ lactic acid, which supports good bacteria in the gut while displacing the harmful bacteria. Simply adding appropriate levels of GanedenBC30 to your product formulation allows you to say that it supports digestive and immune health.
- Vegan or grass-fed meat burrito that can be enjoyed as a meal or snack and offers an efficacious probiotic boost.
- High protein hot and cold breakfast cereals with GanedenBC30
- Dried fruit with nuts and superfruit infused with probiotics for a quick sports snack.
- Greek yogurt which is higher in protein than traditional yogurt with added GanedenBC30
- Survives manufacturing processes
- Shelf stable - no refrigeration required
- Survives gastric acidity
- Safe - over 4 billion doses sold
- Over 20 published clinical studies
- FDA GRAS
- Kosher & Halal
- Does not affect taste or mouth feel
- USP monographed
- Organic Compliant
- Gluten Free
- Available in vegan and allergen free
- Supports digestive health
- Supports immune health
- Probiotic Cultures
- Active Cultures
- Supports Protein Utilization
- Enhances Protein Utilization
- GanedenBC30 survives 10X more effectively than yogurt cultures