Erin Miller, Marketing Director
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
GanedenBC30 Leads the Crowd in Probiotic Food and Beverage Offerings
Versatility of Unique Probiotic Strain Appeals to Wide Range of Audiences, Markets and Uses
CLEVELAND, OH (March 8, 2012) –The probiotic revolution is here; more than 50 foods and beverages now feature Ganeden's patented probiotic GanedenBC30 . Unlike other probiotics, GanedenBC30 can be baked, boiled or frozen making it a favorite among manufacturers and consumers.
GanedenBC30 is revolutionizing how consumers think about, and consume, probiotics.
See innovation in action with these quality products containing GanedenBC30 .
- Gaspari's MyoFusion and Real Mass Probiotic Series products give professional athletes, fitness enthusiasts and active consumers the opportunity to obtain probiotics in protein powder that can be used in shakes and foods like oatmeal.
- R.C. Bigelow Tea, Citrus Systems and The Republic of Tea incorporate GanedenBC30 into popular every day drinks like teas and juices.
- Providence Foods delivers probiotic benefits to healthcare and assisted living facilities through baked goods, such as cookies, breads and pancake and waffle mixes.
- Red Mango frozen yogurt, Zagat's 2011 No.1 rated smoothie and frozen yogurt chain, features GanedenBC30 in all of its products.
- Unistraw's probiotic straw delivers GanedenBC30 when liquid passes through the straw. This application opens up the market to shelf stable beverages and climates that are environmentally inhospitable to traditional, refrigerated strains.
GanedenBC30 is unique when compared to traditional probiotic strains. It is a spore-forming probiotic bacterium, meaning that inside the bacterial cell is a hardened structure, or spore, which is analogous to a seed. This spore protects the cell's genetic material from the heat and pressure of manufacturing processes, the challenges of shelf life and the acid and bile it is exposed to during digestive transit. The viable spore is then able to germinate and produce new vegetative cells once it is safely inside the small intestine. Other "traditional" probiotic organisms cannot form these protective spores, making them vulnerable to heat, pressure, shelf life variables and digestive extremes.
According to MarketResearch.com, probiotic annual sales are predicted to reach $31.1 billion by 2015, indicating consistent growth as well as more opportunities for brands to incorporate GanedenBC30 into their products. As the probiotic trend explodes, Ganeden continues to discover new ways individuals can integrate probiotics into every day products to advance their overall wellbeing.
Ganeden is at the forefront of probiotic research and product development with an extensive library of published studies and more than 100 patents for probiotic technologies in the food, beverage, animal health, sports nutrition and personal care ingredients markets. Ganeden is best known for GanedenBC30 (Bacillus coagulans GBI-30, 6086), its patented, FDA GRAS, non-GMO, highly stable probiotic ingredient. Ganeden's newest ingredient, Bonicel, is the first science-backed, probiotic-derived, personal care ingredient shown to dramatically reduce signs of aging. For more information about Ganeden and licensing opportunities visit GanedenProbiotics.com.