With today’s health-conscience consumers, it’s so important for food and beverage manufacturers to offer products with a functional health benefit. And to do so successfully, the product must effectively communicate that benefit to the shopper. One great way to do so is to put a health benefit claim on packaging. Science-backed GanedenBC30 probiotic will support the following 5 health benefit claims:
70% of consumers are familiar with the term “probiotic” and relate the term to a health benefit. Simply putting the word “probiotic” on your packaging will give you an advantage. Products containing probiotics are considered to be on the “cutting edge”, and probiotics are in the news daily.
Supports Digestive Health
Studies have shown that GanedenBC30 survives gastric transit to germinate in the intestines and reduce abdominal pain and bloating, reduce post prandial gas and enhance utilization of consumed nutrients such as protein.
Supports Immune Health
Studies have shown that when the body is challenged (by colds and the flu for example) GanedenBC30 helps up regulate the protective cytokines which help fight the challenge. When the body is challenged by over active cytokines (inflammation related to arthritis, for example) it helps down regulate these cytokines.
Supports Protein Utilization
The most recent of 12 studies conducted to support this claim demonstrated an increase in protein utilization, a decrease in recovery time as measured by a reduction in muscle swelling, reduction in blood creatine kinase levels, decrease in soreness, increase in perceived recovery, increase in power and an increase in amino acid levels.
GanedenBC30 Survives 10X More Effectively Than Yogurt Cultures
In a study conducted at a 3rd party lab of a simulated gastric environment with a pH of 2.0 for two hours, GanedenBC30 cells were delivered 10X more effectively than yogurt cultures.
What Is Bacillus coagulans?
Bacillus coagulans is a lactic acid-producing bacterial species within the genus Bacillus. Bacillus coagulans is a Gram-positive rod (0.9 by 3.0 to 5.0 μm in size), catalase positive, spore forming, motile, and a facultative anaerobe.
Bacillus coagulans is found in two forms, the vegetative form which is a regular bacterial cell similar in structure to other probiotic bacteria and the spore form, a naturally dormant form which can withstand many conditions such as heat, pressure, and extreme acid or alkaline conditions, any of which may kill vegetative bacterial cells.
Leading the pack of resilient probiotics is Ganeden’s GanedenBC30 (Bacillus coagulans GBI-30, 6086). The composition of GanedenBC30 differentiates itself from other probiotics by its ability to survive manufacturing processes, shelf life, stomach acids and intestinal bile. This allows GanedenBC30 to be incorporated into a variety of foods ranging from frozen yogurt and baked goods to hot cereals and confections and even coffee and tea.
Safety and Efficacy
It is important to note that all data relating to probiotic strains needs to be related directly to that strain and not simply the genus and or species. All data relating to GanedenBC30 has been generated through millions of dollars of research with best of class researchers around the globe and all of that data has been published in peer-reviewed journals.
Certainly the critical first step in evaluating a food ingredient is reviewing the data that which demonstrates its safety. GanedenBC30 has undergone extensive published safety testing and has even been proven safe when consumed at levels that far exceed standard food product inclusion levels (Endres 2009, Endres 2011). GanedenBC30 has a GRAS (Generally Regarded as Safe) level of 93.6 billion CFU per day, and has received United States FDA GRAS status.
Remarkably there are ten times as many microbial cells in your intestine as there are cells in your entire body, and those microbes play a role in a countless number of biological and chemical functions. Balance among the hundreds of species of bacteria in the gut is crucial to helping control pathogenic microbes that would cause a disease or hold potential pathogens under control. Dysbiosis occurs when the balance is disturbed and the concentrations of some commensal bacteria increase while others decrease.
Of course, for a probiotic to be effective, it must survive the transit through the stomach and reach the intestines alive, where it confers a benefit. Using a validated gut model, it was demonstrated that GanedenBC30 survives to populate and germinate in the intestines (Honda 2011a). When consumed daily, GanedenBC30 has been shown in multiple studies to have a supportive effect on the digestive system. GBI-30 has been shown to decrease abdominal pain and bloating (Hun 2009), reduce the number of daily bowel movements (Dolin 2009) as well as decrease postprandial gas and bloating (Kalman 2009).
Research on GanedenBC30 has shown that it supports immune system health in a variety of ways. One study found that it positively affected the actions of immune cells while also producing a cascade of cytokines, which are chemical messengers that coordinate the immune response, when after subjects had taken a daily dose of GanedenBC30 for 30 consecutive days.
In additional studies GanedenBC30 has been shown to have an immunomodulation effect on immune tissues (Jensen et al., 2010. Benson et al., 2012. Nyangale et al., 2014a). Besides a direct effect on the immune components of the intestine it has been recently demonstrated that this probiotic encourages the growth and maintenance of normal commensal bacteria known to be anti-inflammatory and whose presence is often drastically decreased in Crohn’s disease and other forms of IBD (Nyangale et al., 2014 . Sokol et al., 2008).
Profit With Probiotics
Innovate With Probiotics and Profit
Probiotics are quickly becoming a household word. 70% of today’s consumers are familiar with the term probiotic and associate it with good health. Clearly, the time has never been better for you to “Profit with Probiotics”.
- The probiotic market is growing enormously, with no indication that it will be slowing down anytime soon; by 2018 the market is expected to reach $36.7 billion globally, with about $30 billion of that from the sale of functional foods and beverages.
- GanedenBC30 can be formulated into almost any food or beverage and is the only probiotic with FDA GRAS that can withstand:
- Micro-waving or the addition of boiling water (such as in coffee, tea, oatmeal, baked products, pizza, etc.)
- Freezing (such as in frozen yogurt and frozen pizza)
- We've got the numbers to show that GanedenBC30 drives customer loyalty, and will increase your brand value.
- GanedenBC30’s science, survivability and safety are unmatched by other traditional bacteria. This means more innovative product launches and fewer manufacturing hurdles!
- GanedenBC30 is backed by over 20 published studies.
- GanedenBC30 is the first bacillus coagulans to achieve FDA GRAS.
- GanedenBC30 is already formulated into over 125 products around the world.
- Ganeden has invested millions of dollars to create a sustainable competitive advantage over our competitors.
- FDA certification of safety (GRAS) status v. 0 for competitive strains
- Over 100 patents issued v. 0 for competitive strains
- Over 20 studies published in peer reviewed journals v. 0 for competitive strains
- Having a USP monograph for testing v. 0 for competitive strains
- Ganeden is constantly investing in new product R&D and operates a state of the art laboratory at its home office.
Ganeden Is Unique Among Probiotic Manufacturers
Picking The Best Probiotic Manufacturer for You
So you’re ready to give your products a probiotic boost? The next step is picking a probiotic manufacturer to work with, but you’ll want a probiotic manufacturer that meets certain criteria:
- Does the company offer safety data supporting their strains?
- Are you choosing a company that invests in clinical research supporting their strains?
- Does the company work hand in hand with you from strain selection to post launch support?
- Do they put time and resources into educating the customer, which will in turn help your product flourish in the market?
Ganeden can answer a resounding YES! to each of these questions
- Ganeden has dozens of scientific trials demonstrating the safety of its probiotic strain, GanedenBC30, and has received FDA GRAS status.
- In addition to its extensive library of research supporting the safety and efficacy of GanedenBC30, Ganeden continues to invest significantly in science supporting its products and technologies.
- Ganeden’s Extra Step ProgramTM helps partners through every step of the product development and launch process; with Ganeden, your not a customer, you’re a partner.
- Ganeden is dedicated to educating the end user with its consumer website, social media, representation in global industry groups and through media outreach programs.
An on-site lab
Choosing a probiotic manufacturer with an on-site lab is critical. A full service lab indicates a manufacturer’s dedication to research and testing and gives you the lab services you need to bring your product to market.
Ganeden’s state-of-the-art research and development facility, located in its Cleveland headquarters, is an advanced probiotic technological research laboratory. Ganeden’s R&D organization has capabilities ranging from strain selection and genetic identification to product development support and stability testing. By working together with its partners, Ganeden’s research team works to ensure the most stable, efficacious probiotic finished products available.
Probiotic Ingredients By Ganeden
Choosing your probiotic ingredient
Probiotics are quickly becoming a household word. 93 percent of today’s consumers are familiar with the term probiotic and associate it with good health. Clearly, the time has never been better to enhance your products with probiotics. It’s time to choose your probiotic ingredient!
How to choose a probiotic ingredient
Not all probiotics strains are the same. Different strains offer different benefits and some probiotic strains survive manufacturing processes, shelf life and digestive transit better than others. When choosing a probiotic ingredient consider the following:
- Is it safe and has the FDA reviewed the safety data?
- Does it survive the extremes of manufacturing?
- Does it survive the shelf life of the product?
- Will it survive digestive transit?
- Is there peer-reviewed published research to support it?
Ganeden’s probiotic strain GanedenBC30 meets all of these criteria and more; no other probiotic manufacturer can offer the same benefits.
- The FDA issued a letter of no objection to GanedenBC30's GRAS status. It’s the first Bacillus strain to receive this status.
- GanedenBC30 withstands high temperature processes, such as baking, boiling and microwaving, low temperature processes, such as freezing and refrigeration, and high pressure applications, such as extrusion, roll forming and HPP. In short, GanedenBC30 is the probiotic that can take it.
- GanedenBC30 has up to a three-year shelf life and has been tested in finished products hundreds of times.
- Because of its spore-forming nature, GanedenBC30 survives transit through the digestive system until it reaches its optimal environment (the gut) where it starts multiplying and proliferating throughout the gut.
- There are over 20 published studies to support the efficacy of GanedenBC30.
If you’re ready to enhance your product with a probiotic ingredient, GanedenBC30 is your best bet. Its safety and efficacy data, combined with its ability to withstand extreme manufacturing processes, make it hands down the best probiotic ingredient available today.